Hours: Full time and bank staff
Salary: £17,290.00 per annum for RSW. Overtime paid at £11.00 per hour
Location: Chasetown, Staffordshire
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic individuals to join our team to provide a high quality of care and support for young people within our residential services. Support Workers will need to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people.
You will working with children in a Residential Home to support them in all aspects of their life helping them to achieve their full potential.
Support Workers will act as a key worker and become a positive role model who is able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate. Ability to work as part of a team is essential along with recording information accurately, sharing reports and details at review meetings, child protection conferences and possibly at court.
The post holder will be required to work varying shifts, including early morning, last evenings, weekends and on an on-call rota system. Sleeping-in duties may also required for which an additional payment is made.
Our aim is to provide residential and community services that help restore stability in the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in childcare / CYPW Diploma or equivalent (or willingness to complete)
- Have the ability to work with and support staff working with young people
- Have knowledge of Child Protection issues and relevant legislation
- Have knowledge of child adolescent development, the impact of separation and loss, physical, sexual and emotional abuse and difficult behaviours that arise from this abuse
- Be computer literate and able to write up detailed reports
- Have a calm, welcoming and non-judgmental attitude
- Be over 21+ as working with young people aged 11-18
DMR Services offer flexible working hours, a comprehensive induction, ongoing training, career progression and a pension scheme.
As we are committed to safeguarding children and young people, all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with adult and child workforce.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 3521844 to request an application pack.